Despite all its attractions, Galicia is currently not that well known internationally.
This section gives a little extra information about:
- Galicia’s history and people.
- Galician culture.
- Language – can you get by with just English, and what is Gallego?
- Animals – what you are likely to encounter here in the wild, the Galician attitude to animals, and why the wrong animals nearby might mean you should walk away from an otherwise dream property
- What the lifestyle and gastronomy (the two are heavily linked) is like in Galicia.
- The Galician climate, or rather its several variations across Galicia.
- The various areas within Galicia, which differ considerably.
- Events and places to visit.